Technical Manager (32258) Guildford, England
|Salary:||GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum|
Position: Technical Manager
(Also open to Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Automation Manager, Manufacturing Manager)
Commutable from Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Weybridge, Woking
c£60,000 – £70,000 (negotiable depending on robotics, PLC Controls or SCADA systems experience)
An exciting new opportunity for a Technical Manager is available to join our team. As the Technical Manager you will oversee and take the technical lead for the engineering team (electrical and mechanical engineers). The Technical Manager should have a robust technical engineering background with experience of managing and leading different business functions including Technical Sales, Design, NPI, Manufacturing & Assembly. The technical solutions provided for our customers are complex, therefore previous experience with any/some of the following would be extremely beneficial: bespoke automated machinery, packaging machinery systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, lab/pharma automation, machine tending, warehouse automation machinery and end of line automated systems.
Key skills & experience required for the Technical Manager vacancy:
- Previous experience in a Technical Management position or similar role (Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Automation Manager, Manufacturing Manager).
- Previous experience as a technical lead to Engineering Team including Electrical and Mechanical Design Engineers
- Experience supporting projects involving robotics, PLC control systems, Servo Motors, Pneumatic and SCADA systems, and be able to support engineers with technical solutions when required.
- Support Managing Director developing current/future business strategy.
- Project qualification and support for quotations and tender documents.
- Previous experience ensuring high standard of work is maintained throughout the business. Reviewing standards and processes – technical documentation, conceptual designs, accurate budget/costings through to assembly of machinery and commissioning, delivery of projects. Evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- The role will suit someone who is highly organised, confident, strong with project management/operations management experience within engineering/manufacturing who can work across multiple engineering functions.
- Strong conflict management experience.
- Should be able to read/interpret engineering designs/drawings.
- Tenacious and be able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ideally have a degree (in relevant engineering field) or relevant engineering/technical experience from industry.
If you have the required skills for the Technical Manager vacancy, please click on the button to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ