Senior Credit Officer (SCLNB) Sioux City, Iowa
|Salary:||USD100000 - USD130000 per year|
Responsible for the accuracy & credit quality of the Lending Department including all branches. Assist the President with the oversight of the credit administration department, including but not limited to the oversight of credit quality and the credit presentation function.
- Responsible for working along with members of the Management Committee in overseeing the Lending Portfolio of the Bank.
- Participates in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Administers Bank policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
- Voting member and Chair of the Executive Loan Committee.
- Reviews credit presentations prior to going to the Executive Loan Committee for completeness and accuracy.
- Manages the Bank’s loan portfolio through evaluations that spot developing trends.
- Identify properly adversely classified assets and identify plans for improving the quality of the loans or removing from the Bank.
- Responsible for the review and approval of the classified credit action plans which are then submitted to the CEO for review and discussion of information provided within the plans.
- Provides training, advice and guidance to the Bank’s lending staff, including consultations with loan officers on more complex loans; assists and arranges the training of loan officers.
- Reviews newly booked loans and delinquency reports to ensure current policies and procedures are being followed.
- Works closely with the lending staff on classified assets and ensures compliance with loan review recommendations and action plans.
- Reviews the Classified Credit Action Plans on a monthly basis and submits them for approval to the President.
- Reports weekly to the President and quarterly the Board on the quality of the loan portfolio, ALLL adequacy & compliance with policy.
- Continually update the loan policy to reflect changes in the lending practices as relates to regulatory guidelines or at the direction of the Board.
- Reports periodically to the Board on the identification of loans with credit weaknesses that warrant the special attention of management, action plans to reduce the Bank’s risk exposure, assessment of the overall quality of the loan portfolio, identification of credit and collateral documentation exceptions and an action plan to address the identified deficiencies, identification and status of violation of laws, rules or regulations and an action plan to address the identified violations and identification of loans that are not in conformance with the Bank’s lending policy and an action to address the identified deficiencies.
- Functions as the Bank’s internal loan review which also includes the scheduling and administration of external loan reviews, along with the associated reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Evaluates loan loss experience, trends of delinquent and non-accrual loans, estimates the potential of loss exposure of significant credit, reviews concentrations of credit and present & prospective economic conditions.
- Assists Credit Administration with the monitoring of commercial real estate concentration risks including all out-of-area loans to an acceptable level and stress testing.
- Monitor information provided by Credit Administration in regard to technical exceptions and exceptions to credit and collateral documentation.
- Monitor with Credit Administration Appraisal and Evaluation guidelines for compliancy.
- Works with the President and the Senior Credit Administrator on the preparation of the ALLL reporting to the Board to ensure compliance and appropriate coverage.
- Updates rate sheets on a weekly basis & presents to loan committee for review.
- Member of the ALCO Committee and Management Committee.
- Executive Loan Committee Chair.
- Market Loan Committee Chair
- Member of Internal Loan Committees.
- BA from a four-year college or university.
- Continued education preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the areas of lending, collection and loan supervision experience
- Experience with monitoring low quality loans.
- Previous leadership/management experience.
Please contact our professional recruiter Alan McMillen via email at Alan.McMillen@gogpac.com for more information on this, or any other positions you might be interested in