Underwriter (DMBI) Des Moines, Iowa
|Salary:||USD50000 - USD80000 per year|
Client would like to add an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter to their already established team. The new addition would be responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applicants consistent with internal and insurer policies, underwriting mortgage commitments, and verifying supporting documentation.
- Underwriting origination, conducting credit risk reviews of retail and correspondent loans and apply needed conditions for mortgage submissions to assure loans meet program/product specifications.
- Complete appraisal analysis to determine that acceptable collateral standards are met.
- Research and verify federal, state and company compliance.
- Communicate credit risk decisions to all appropriate parties.
- Meet productivity standards & targets.
- Complete due diligence quality reviews, by providing a detailed review of retail and correspondent approved loans, including credit, income, and asset analysis and findings.
- Remain current on banking regulations and responsibilities relating to titles, mortgages, liens and other aspects of the loan collateral position.
- Thorough knowledge of complex personal and/or business financials.
Education & Experience
- Four year Degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of FNMA and FHLMC underwriting experience.
- Having additional experience with USDA, FHA, and VA is a plus.
- DE/SAR is a plus but not required.
Please contact our professional recruiter Alan McMillen via email at Alan.McMillen@gogpac.com for more information on this, or any other positions you might be interested in.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.