Service Engineer (BBBH14698) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
My client is a world leader in helicopters design and construction and is looking for a Service Engineer.
Role: Service Engineer
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
Location: philadelphia, pa, us
Provide engineering support for technical issues reported by the North American fleet of Customers, Technical Representatives, P145 Repair Stations, and the Fleet Control Center in a high paced and high pressure environment. Identify and resolve discrepancies in the Instructions for Continued airworthiness and act as a liaison with the company engineering functions, as part of the company responsibility for the continued airworthiness of the product line. Works within an international team of Product Support Engineers between Italy and USA to analyze and propose solutions to increase the reliability and maintainability of the in-service fleet of AW aircraft.
1. Technical Front-end analysis and resolution of technical issues reported by the North American fleet of Customers, Technical Representatives, and P145 Repair Stations in a timely manner. Frequent Customer interface required.
2. Support the Fleet Control Center with resolving AOG issues and providing Technical solutions during a non-standard work week and week-ends.
3. Input and Analysis of field data for reliability and maintainability in order to into liaise with and drive product improvements through the AW Design Offices.
4. Maintain a constant link with Product Support Engineering Italy to increase awareness of fleet problems and establish a fleet-wide knowledge base of occurrences and their resulting technical solutions.
5. Validation of Technical Instructions (Publications, Technical Bulletins) to improve the quality of the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness. Daily communication with aircraft maintainers and AW maintenance bases will be necessary.
6. Regular reporting to AW Product Support Engineering Management for safety related issues and outstanding Customer technical issues.
7. Analysis of aircraft configurations to highlight criticalities in spare parts provisioning, training activity and Technical Publication updating.
8. Develop maintenance, repair and assembly procedures for Operator issues that fall outside of the coverage of standard Technical Publications.
9. Use field experience/data to influence the established Product Improvement
Process, driven by C.S. Engineering, for supportability, maintainability and design improvement.
10. Perform other duties and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation field, Aerospace Eng., Electrical Eng., or Mechanical Eng. required
0-3 Years Experience
o Strong understanding of aviation technology.
o Ability to understand complex engineering drawings, specs & schematics.
o Familiarity with AW products and systems.
o English (business proficiency)
o Italian and Spanish (are considered an asset)
o Microsoft Office 365 (Very strong Excel/Access experience)
o Catia V5 (is considered an asset)
o Strong analytical mind, capable to elaborate large amount of data to provide the answer to the information required.
o Strong written and oral communication skills.
o Inter-cultural awareness, ability to create and maintain critical business relationships.
o Well-organized, adaptable with a flexible approach to coordinate with internal departments.
o Self-starter with the ability to maintain appropriate morale even when working remotely.
Other (Availability to business trip, special certifications ….):
o Up to 10% of the time
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime