Buyer (BBBH12490) Riverside, New Jersey
My client is a world leader in airplanes/helicopters design and construction and is looking for a Buyer.
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
- Reviews all purchase requisitions for completeness and initiates action on requirements.
- Returns requisitions to users that require additional information or budget approval.
- Identifies requisitions that can be placed directly on LTAs or other existing contract agreements.
- Monitors requisitions to identify commonly purchased items that would be candidates for volume agreements, LTAs, MOUs or Price Agreements and makes recommendations to the purchasing supervisor.
- Prepares and obtains quotations from qualified suppliers.
- Reviews bids, negotiates more favourable prices and terms, and selects suppliers subject to supervisor approval.
- Minimizes purchase order discrepancies through coordination with accounting and receiving departments to resolve invoice discrepancies, shipping errors and hold code problems.
- Provides high levels of customer service to both internal users and Italian headquarters through communications, concerning supplier delivery schedules, quality and service levels.
- Reduces process cycle times by providing rapid response to internal customers and headquarters needs via shorter turnaround time on purchase orders.
- Complies with all purchasing policies, procedures and processes.
- Performs other duties and fulfils other responsibilities as assigned.
- Identifies and recommends new suppliers.
- Identifies and defines supplier problems, makes recommendations to supervisor and implements agreed upon solutions.
- Identifies and defines internal process problems, makes recommendations to supervisor, and implements agreed upon solutions.
- Utilizes supplier scorecards to manage and evaluate supplier performance. Periodically presents results to supervisor and jointly develops improvement plans.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering or related area preferred. May substitute comparable experience for education.
- Three to five years of experience in purchasing, supply chain, or closely related field. Minimum of 3 years aerospace experience. May substitute education for years of experience.
ISM certifications such as CPSM or C.P.M. or APICS certification such as CPIM or CSCP Preferred.
- US Citizen or with work permit
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop supplier relationships
- Working knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system
- Basic understanding of negotiation principles
- Compliant to company and professional ethical policies and standards
- Self-motivated and achievement oriented
- Able to work under pressure and meet customer deadlines
- Ability to think creatively in proposing changes to current processes
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to identify and monitor supplier risk
- Well-organized and flexible to changes in schedules
- Intercultural awareness
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of aviation technology and regulations