Offshore Supervisor (VN127) Singapore
Claxton is a part of Acteon Group of subsea services businesses. We combine experienced Project Engineering and fast track Design and R&D capability with huge inventory of rapid call off tooling, to deliver to our clients. Across a vast array of drilling riser systems, well abandonment equipment and structures, Claxton delivers pragmatic, safe reliable solutions to the operating challenges faced by our clients. We have a Global team with a singular mission, to make our clients projects happen.
Claxton Singapore are currently looking to add an experienced & enthusiastic Offshore Supervisor to the team. The successful candidate will assist and support offshore field operations on clients’ vessels, rigs and platforms with a focus on is in surface, subsea and down hole cutting techniques. The successful candidate will ideally have the ability to lead teams, support more junior members of the team to develop technically & professionally.
The role is multi-facetted and includes elements of engineering design, equipment maintenance, job planning, equipment preparation, mobilisation and operation of equipment at the site, trouble-shooting, demobilisation of equipment and operational reporting to the client and Claxton Project Manager onshore.
The successful candidate will be required to travel and work globally and the role involves extensive periods of offshore working worldwide. When not offshore or onsite, the successful candidate will also be required to assist with the day-to-day service, repairs and testing of Marine Technology systems, and be involved in any new build projects. To assist with the required planned maintenance & repairs of all company owned marine technology equipment such as water abrasive cutting systems, mechanical cutting equipment, friction stud welding systems, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, subsea dredging equipment and others.
- Experienced in the offshore running and operation of marine technology equipment such as water abrasive cutting systems, mechanical cutting equipment, friction stud welding systems, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, subsea dredging equipment.
- Work as a member of offshore teams in delivery of subsea services projects
- Follow, and adhere to, all applicable project documentation and standards
- Assist to correctly mobilise, maintain and operate equipment
- Follow supervisor instructions during offshore operations to minimize risk and maximize quality of performance
- Actively pursue learning and development of competence during offshore operations
- Participate in finding solutions to complex technical problems
- Document lessons learnt, opportunities for improvement and non-conformances
- Ensure clear communication with Claxton onshore and offshore personnel, and client.
- Carry out inspection/repairs and testing of marine technology systems in line with Claxton’s technical and safety requirements.
- Have a good knowledge, and understanding, of the maintenance and operation of marine technology equipment.
- Able to read and interpret engineering GA & schematic drawings and use them to diagnose/repair any faults in both workshop and operational environments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering(Mechanical or electrical/electronics or hybrid thereof) or technology
- Current offshore survival & medical certificates are essential.
- An accredited Master’s degree or Engineering Doctorate or appropriate further learning to Master’s level would be an advantage, but not essential.
- 2 years + onshore/offshore experience with Water Abrasive System & Decommissioning Cutting Tools or similar technology
- Highly motivated and with good negotiation/influencing skills
- Adaptable and able to effectively manage changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Highly organised and results focused
- Fluent in English
- Willingness and ability to travel globally at short notice