Pathway Guidance Advisor (22.214.171.124.41) Sydney, Australia
About the role
The Pathway Guidance Advisor is responsible for the provision of pathway support services and high-quality vocational, education and training advice and guidance to Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) clients.
The candidate we seek will ideally have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of settlement services, State and Commonwealth government services, the Vocational and Education Training (VET) sector, SEE providers and other ESL services in the region.
- Knowledge of issues that impact on migrant and refugee settlement
- Relevant experience/knowledge in using technology, including a variety of career development related tools, email, Microsoft word, internet and databases
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in a multicultural learning environment
- Prior use of government program student databases
- Knowledge of the AMEP contract requirements and KPIs related to assessment and counselling.
- Experience in sourcing work placements
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- A fun and supportive team environment
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Navitas is a leading global education provider driven by a commitment to transform lives through education. It employs more than 7,000 staff to deliver programs and services to approximately 80,000 students around the world. Navitas consists of two distinct divisions: University Partnerships (UP) and Careers & Industry (C&I) divisions.
The C&I division, which represents a significant part of the Navitas portfolio, brings together niche colleges offering higher education, VET, professional development and employability skills to more than 25,000 students across 22 countries. We employ approximately 1,800 staff to deliver programs in five regions: Australasia, UK, South West Europe, Germany/Switzerland/Austria and the US.
Navitas English delivers the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs, Skills for Education and Employment Program (SEE), the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTA), and the Foundation Skills for Your Future program on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
We are committed to working with Federal and State Governments, education providers, communities, employers and industry groups to provide the language, literacy, numeracy and employability skills that meet the settlement, study and employment goals of our clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online. For enquiries about the role, please contact Chen Zhao on 9912 6600.
Applications close on Friday, 04/06/2021 at 5:00pm. However, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners - thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.