Data Center Technician (BBBH30043) Rutherford, New Jersey
- The Information Technology team provides and supports the cutting-edge technology infrastructure to the company, delivering a range of products and services.
- Members of the team are focused on continuous learning and seeking ways to constantly evolve and improve the infrastructure.
- This team collaborates with all areas of the business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project management in the most cost-effective manner.
- Our Client is seeking a Data Center Technician to join their tight knit IT team, spending time between their midtown Manhattan office and their co-locations in the surrounding areas in NJ.
- This individual will be responsible for extensive troubleshooting, planning and execution of various moves; as well as being a main point of contact for traders and developers daily.
- Our Client’s team is small, so they are looking for nimble individuals who are seeking a position in a fast paced environment.
- A car is needed for this role.
Responsibilities might include:
- Responding to various service tickets in their Data Centers in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise, and determining the most efficient path to solving the problem
- Racking and stacking servers, cabling
- Replacing network cards, swapping hardware
- Planning and executing a Data Center move from start to finish
- Applying your knowledge of hardware and software interactions to resolve various issues
- Working under pressure and in situations of server/hardware failure quickly and efficiently
- Degree in relevant computer-related field (EE, CE, CS, Telecommunications etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Basic Linux Skills (RedHat)
- Knowledge of network designs, protocols and exposure to SAN fiber channel.
- Knowledge of the configuration and support of vendor equipment such as Cisco
- Excellent communication and ability to face off to customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow processes and act quickly if a problem should arise
- Willingness to travel within the tri-state area
- Valid driver’s license and car
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Caitie at 646-415-8355 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/