Data Scientist Graduate (R-00003375) Burwood, Melbourne, Australia
About Reece Group
Reece Group is an Australian icon. You probably know us as Australia's largest supplier of plumbing and bathroom products. We have been around for almost 100 years. But that’s just one side of us. We’re a major public company with over 4,000 people, 500 branches and 9 businesses. We thrive on new ideas and have the courage to make them happen. That means endless opportunities to achieve amazing things.
Our team are committed, down to earth and driven people striving for greatness every day.
We sell millions of products under hundreds of brands, many we’ve created. We market them expertly to loyal customers in a hungry market. So, we know marketing and sales. And we’re happy to share.
The Data Scientist Graduate forms part of our Pricing Team. You will work with Data Scientists and Pricing Analysts to build, analyse, report and execute the pricing strategies in support of the company’s pricing financial goals and objectives. Prior to commencing in the role, the graduate will spend time in one of our Plumbing Branches to understand our products and customers.
The Graduate Data Scientist will assist in:
- Evaluating the day-to-day pricing activities across multiple categories. Analyse and communicate actual performance to determine if adjustments to strategy are needed
- Providing fact-based analysis to Customer Pricing and Merchandise Teams in selecting pricing strategies/rules that result in increased sales, profit and/or market share
- Developing analytical insights such as reports, models and charts, providing greater pricing visibility to the business
- Exploring new ways of analysing and thinking about pricing that leads to innovation within our pricing strategy
- Evaluating the marketplace and competitive data to optimally align pricing strategies within the marketplace
- Researching and working with teams to resolve pricing issues as reported by branch managers & staff and/or system-generated reports
- Supporting the development and implementation of methodologies and price tests to validate category strategies
- Continuing to develop necessary skills in programs and languages such as SQL, R, Python
Who We Are Looking For
- Recent university graduates (or final year students) who studied a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or Data Science
- Some experience in data extraction and manipulation with SQL
- Some experience with R or Python
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple, simultaneous projects
- A technical, analytical focus with expertise-based problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex information to various stakeholders in a simplified way
Why Work With Us
Most organisations say they live by their values. We actually do. We also hire by them and promote by them. They are a major reason why we are such a strong and happy company.
Take a look for yourself: https://www.reececareers.com.au/
Please submit the following documents as part of your application:
- Academic Transcript
- A brief cover letter (this may include links to any relevant projects you have been involved in – blogs, kaggle competition entries, github repositories etc)
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
To be eligible for the Reece Group Graduate Program, you need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of application. Applicants must be willing to undertake a background check and references.