Mechanical Design Engineer (SE11555 / 610) Cambridgeshire, England
|GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer
Commutable from – Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bedford, Chatteris, St. Neots
Our client is a global leading automation & technology solutions provider, working within the food, FMCG, ecommence and automated distribution industries.
Due to global growth in Ecommerce and automation in food distribution, along with securing significant automation projects, amongst multiple clients in the UK, they are looking for a number of Mechanical Design Engineers to join the team.
A role that will provide fantastic stability and opportunities to grow within a recently formed joint business venture, that has the backing of a multi-billion PLC company.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing work across multiple engineering fields, coordinating with mechanical & electrical engineers, design teams, software engineers, procurement, logistics and site implementation
- Create technical drawings using AutoCAD 2D & 3D and Inventor
- Liaise with procurement and organise the manufacturing of complex automation systems, including robotics, sortation systems, conveyors and materials handling
- Participate in technical discussions, collate project specs, clarify site requirements / surveys
- Evaluate new design opportunities, ways of improving drawings
- Test the performance, reliability and safety of designs and prototypes, investigating weaknesses, troubleshooting design issues & make changes
- Work closely with cross functional team, across mechatronic & software development
- Record and report on R&D projects
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ideally have a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced using AutoCAD and Inventor
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 (Excel)
- Able to think both critically, logically and analytically
- Have a natural curiosity for design development
- Ideally have worked in a projects based company within automation & robotics
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge & understanding of safety
- Flexible character to work in the office and from home
- Experienced in development of new machinery based on customers criteria’s
- Strong & effective communicator – working across cross functional teams/departments
- Financial awareness – costing, tendering, quotations
Job Reference No: SE11555 / 610
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Chris Gumm directly at email@example.com or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org