Business Development Director (353009) San Jose, California
|Salary:||USD130000 - USD130000 per year|
We are working with a growing company looking for a Business Development Director in the San Jose area. This is a permanent positon offering a base salary of 130K. If you are interested please send your updated resume.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with C-Level contacts downward and map our customers’ organization.
- Define and internally communicate a full understanding of the customer’s needs and technical requirements
- Regularly reporting: weekly sales report, customer meeting and conference reports, monthly forecasts for orders and revenues, quarterly market reports
- Contribute to the development of product and technology roadmap
- Develop an understanding of market segmentation, application and customer needs, competition, market trends and dynamics to support strategies to target new opportunities and threats
- Develop the requirements and business cases for new products
- Drive product line decisions including product changes, resource priorities, obsolescence, etc.
- Set product line pricing strategy and work with sales team on proposals for larger opportunities
- Facilitate business development through customer visits and demos, building relationships with customers and key influencers
- Create messaging and content for marketing materials specific to this market and this product line, including white papers, data sheets, tradeshows, conference sponsorships, web site, PR, product memos, and newsletters
- Champion the product line through presentations at conferences and assisting with tradeshows
- Assist worldwide sales and service with technical support
- Very regularly conducts on-site customer visits. Travel 50%.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Minimum 15 years product marketing experience
- Minimum 15 years industry experience selling products into semiconductor capital equipment OEMs
- Education: M.B.A. or equivalent work experience
- Team player and works well in complex, cross-functional, global situations
- Strategic selling skills for complex sales
- Self-motivated, self-managing team player
- Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution, negotiation, creative problem solving, and influencing
- Ability to work with others in a global management matrix structure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of German language a plus
- US Citizen or qualified U.S. worker.