Mortgage Underwriter (Remote/South Florida) (360482) Oakland Park, Florida
We are looking to interview Mortgage Underwriter Candidates for this remote position throughout South Florida:
This client of ours offers competitive hourly pay with the potential for a lot of overtime hours. This position does have flexible scheduling, industry security, and professional advancement opportunities.
- Review loan files for completeness and accuracy including but not limited to, calculation and verification of income & assets.
- Evaluate credit reports, purchase contracts, appraisals, title commitments, VOE, tax returns, divorce decrees, and other loan pertinent compliance documentation
- Assess and verify debt & loan-to-value ratios, credit score, property valuation and various other factors
- Determine and record loan conditions, communicate requirements, and/or decisions
- Identify portfolio risks resulting from the client's underlying business practices, underwriting, and/or fraud exposure
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable agency and non-agency underwriting guidelines
- Showcase working knowledge of AUS to determine applicable loan conditions
- Must pass a Criminal Background/Drug test
- Must pass a skill test
- 4+ years of underwriting and/or due diligence (post-close) experience in the residential mortgage industry
- Must have knowledge and experience with current mortgage policies/procedures, compliance laws and regulations—including TRID—and understanding of mortgage regulatory changes
- Must be detailed oriented and proficient in producing results
- Must have excellent time management skills
Interview Location: Ft. Lauderdale
If you are interested; please reach out to us via the email of email@example.com. Please submit a copy of your resume for submittal and if you qualify, we will reach out to you to schedule you for an interview. We hope to hear from you soon!