Sonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation’s largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing more than 60 million diagnostic tests per year. We are CAP accredited and are the only healthcare company ever to receive our state’s highest quality award, the Arizona Governor’s Award for Quality.
We are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable employees who enjoy busy work environments, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. We want to have the best possible impact in patient diagnostic outcomes and are looking for like minded, patient focused folks who genuinely care about patient care.
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA ‘88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA). Personnel report to department supervisor.
- Performs testing in an accurate and timely manner according to established policies and performance standards with a knowledge level determined for that testing. Responsible for start up, calibration and accuracy of procedures and instrumentation. Exercises independent judgment and can identify appropriate resources in performance of assigned duties utilizing knowledge and skills. Demonstrates comprehension of theory and clinical relevance of testing. Demonstrates problem resolution and decision making skills for routine operational and technical problems. Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of computer problems. Demonstrates awareness and complies with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements related to area of responsibility.
- Recognizes and ensures validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing. Ensures accuracy of test results. Participates in detecting and documenting occurrences that deviate from defined procedures. Demonstrates appropriate resolution and follow through for problem solving identified during testing. Promotes and consistently meets department standards for productivity and quality.
- Ensures the appropriate use of supplies and materials and assists with inventory management. Ensures efficient utilization of reagents and supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
- Self directed and motivated to contribute to projects identified by the supervisor, with the completion of a minimum of one project per year. Seeks out opportunities to identify projects relating to department needs. Active in training and competency of laboratory personnel. Performs well in supervisor’s absence and provides guidance on issues relating to pre-analytical, waived and non-waived testing. Completes training module for newly hired/transferred personnel.
- Communicates courteously, professionally, effectively and accurately with internal and external customers. Participates in the resolution of communication issues. Knows and utilizes appropriate resources for increased levels of problem solving. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills. Promotes positive communications that enhances teamwork. Attendance and participation at staff meetings.
• Associate’s Degree in medical laboratory science, OR
• Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science, OR
• Have successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist. Military must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLT), student’s clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete the MLT program within one year of hire.
• MLT certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).