Sr Payroll Specialist (364086) Dallas, Texas
ACCOUNTING NOW® is one of the fastest growing financial recruitment companies in the country. We specialize in matching financial professionals with the right contract or full-time job opportunities in finance, banking and accounting careers. Our clients are many of the country’s top financial firms and corporate departments. Accounting Now, and its full-time placement division, SNI Financial, can help you build your career!
Accounting now has partnered up with a large transportation company located in Downtown Dallas that is looking for a Senior Payroll Payroll Specialist.
We are looking for at least 3 years of processing payroll, processing W-2s, implementation of new system, and auditing payroll reports. Must have knowledge of Kronos, Lawson and Crystal reporting.
This position is a long-term contract job and looking for someone to start immediately.
- Reconcile payroll gross to net.
- Review tax funding.
- Responsible for reconciling General Ledger Transactions
- Review Retirement Plan funding (401k, 457, etc.)
- Maintain general deductions, garnishments, levies, direct deposit information, and additional earnings and create reports using crystal report writer.
- Reviews and edits payroll audit reports prior to payroll processing. Verify accuracy of information and communicate with departments when changes or adjustments need to be made. Verify all transactions entered on-line or interfaced from external sources.
- Review manual checks and other special supplemental payroll checks.
- Assists with reconciling W2 and creating W2c’s.
- Reviews audit reports used to identify and correct out of balance records, over payments, invalid federal and FICA wages, excessive overtime, etc. Maintain related payroll records and files for documentation purposes.
- Researches questions pertaining to payroll and provides support to resolve payroll issues with department management.
- Provides ongoing communication and assistance in interpreting different pay policies and practices.
- Communicate with external agencies (law offices, family court, state agencies, federal agencies, banks, mortgage companies, etc.) to provide requested employee payroll information.
- Understands the functionality of the Kronos Time and Attendance software and how time translates into the timecard.
- Assist with Creating Quarterly Schedule B and 941 Tax Return.
- Assist with Creating and Reviewing and modifying Kronos Genie-Hyper finds/Crystal Reports to audit employee time biweekly.
- Responsible for testing Kronos data entry of worked time, vacation/earned time, sick, holiday, other special earnings, regular time reclassification and redistribution from timesheets and other documentation submitted by departments.
- Responsible for Kronos Historical Edits
- Reviews payroll data, scheduling data, time sheets, prior week adjustments, and special pay forms prepared by departments, ensuring that the data is properly documented and authorized.
- Work on Special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field. Three (3) to Five (5) years of Payroll experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Must have a high level of competency; Lawson and Kronos, Must have strong computer skills; Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include Windows, Word, Excel spreadsheet, and database. Typical office equipment such as copier, typewriter, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Time and Attendance back end knowledge
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of the business.
- Strong organizational skills are required to identify and prioritize deadlines across multiple assignments.
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented.
- Be able to keep Confidential information.
- Analytical ability to find solutions to problems.
- Must have Knowledge of the following systems Lawson - Payroll, Crystal Report Writer and Kronos Time and Attendance.
Apply Now for immediate consideration!