Tier-2 Deskside Support Engineer \ Team Administrator (357902) Mountain View, Colorado
Our client is seeking a Tier-2 Deskside Support Engineer \ Team Administrator for an exciting direct hire opportunity. The Tier-2 Deskside Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day user support as well as the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, cloud (Azure & O365) and related office infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards. This individual will work with our global IT team to provide support for company users based in Europe, Asia and North America. Our client is also looking for good administering skills including:
Asset and Software management (Globally)
Team project management.
Ticket management (Salesforce)
Procurement management and staying on top of equipment costs (Globally)
· Create OS images and update the build process where required
· Configure and install end user equipment
· Create and deploy application packages
· Rollout Windows Updates though SCCM
· Set up users and administrate on the 365 portals
· Daily User Support for Global IT Systems
· Provide assistance to VIP users for core products
· Manage tickets from the centralized Helpdesk system,
· Troubleshoot/assist and advise on technical problems.
· Proactively contact end users with solution updates/resolutions.
· Plan and implement specialist computers as required
· Proactively identify areas for service/system improvement
· Develop, implement and maintain appropriate policies and procedures for team efficiency and IT auditing
· Maintain the asset management setup in SCCM and/or Intune
· Run reports e.g. license/product usage, low disk space, update compliance etc.
· Be the point of contact for technical queries from the Service Desk
· Document technical fixes and procedures
· 3+ years of experience working in a similar professional technical environment
· 3+ years of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 , and knowledge of PC/laptop Hardware
· Basic Network Knowledge e.g. TCP/IP, Network Hardware (Routers, Switches etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Problem resolution skills
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to work with 3rd party vendors for the negotiation and purchase of software, hardware and services as needed.
· Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
· Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required
· Experience of Video / Audio Conferencing technologies a plus
· Our client is a true 24x7x365 global company, the candidate will be required to work modified hours to support the business from time-to-time.
· Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Japanese is a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Azure, Intune and Active Directory is a plus.