Forklift Service Engineer (J7654) Chorley, England
FORKLIFT SERVICE ENGINEER REQUIRED
Location – Chorley PR7
Mon-Fri: 8am to 5pm
Salary - £20k+ (dependent on experience)
Previous experience is necessary!
Our Clients specialise in hire, sales and service of a variety of forklift trucks and materials handling equipment.
• Competitive salary
• Company van
• Laptop & Phone
• Diagnostic equipment
• Other benefits
As a forklift service engineer, you will carry out full maintenance and repair of fork life trucks including diesel gas & electric.
• Pre-planned maintenance i.e. from servicing to engine re-build. Large amount of diagnostic work along with electrical wiring looms and harness work.
• The candidate ideally will have experience with thermal engines and electric systems through to LPG systems and hydraulics. Basic fabricating skills would also be an advantage.
• Good experience with hydraulics, engines, drivelines, and electrical is preferred.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be a team player, as well as work independently and under your own initiative.
• Dependable and reliable, conducting tasks thoroughly.
• Good attention to detail whilst being able to operate under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Clearly communicate with customers whilst on site.
• Comply with internal and external risk assessment and health and safety procedures.
• Document work done through the appropriate procedures to enable service scheduling and maintenance records kept up-to-date.
• Be hard working, conscientious and conduct themselves in a professional manner whilst representing the company on the road and at customer sites.
• Be in possession of a full, clean driving license.
The successful candidate is expected to use his or her own tool kit to carry out this role when on site. Van and work wear/ PPE will be supplied.
• Whilst being based from our site in Eccleston (Chorley) the main role of Forklift Service Engineer will be spent on customer sites performing planned preventative maintenance and repair work to both customer owned trucks and our own hire fleet.
• Major tasks, such as full refurbishments and fabrication work will be carried out at depot in a fully equipped workshop.
Dependent on experience you will be shadowing senior technicians learning on the job whilst completing an apprenticeship programme or individual training courses dependent on your current experience and ability. Training will include engines, electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics and cooling systems. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant.
Education: Secondary education (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
Immediate start / interview available. Please contact chirag @ Regional Recruitment Services on 0116 366 7601, or click "Apply Now" to send your CV directly to email@example.com
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified.