SR. IT Project Manager (BBBH148539) Tampa, Florida
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company with 25 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
If you meet the requirements described below, send resume and contact information to Carlos Herrera, IT Sourcing Specialist, for more details.
Position: SAP/ERP Project Manager
Location: Ybor City, FL
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Manage all facets of the IT project, its teams, and associated activities within the IT department to a successful completion by meeting budget, schedule and performance goals.
- Lead teams of Information Technology professionals (internal team members, on-site contractors, and vendors) as well as internal business partners, providing leadership to assure the successful completion of IT projects of various sizes.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and drive and execute projects to successful completion.
- Facilitate and lead meetings, collaborating across all levels of the organization at the Director, Sr.VP, CIO and above.
Scope of services:
- Leads project teams to clearly define project scope, to obtain cost estimates, to build schedules and to assign named resources to activities.
- Practices exceptional project management skills, utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Able to understand and adhere to the principles delineated in the Project Management Playbook and able to drive an effective utilization of the SDLC methodology.
- Develops and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Obtains, documents, and communicates estimates for schedule, budget and performance of assigned projects.
- Restates complex technical information in a format appropriate to the audience.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and entry of project information into the Project Repository.
- Identifies risks, partners with team members to mitigate risk, and promptly communicates risks and issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Solid background in Information Technology, with at least 7+ years of experience in hands-on IT project management with the most recent 2 years in the senior or equivalent level PM role.
- Strong leadership, planning, organizing, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong documentation experience with ability to forecast for time / cost in terms of resources and labor.
- PMP Certification.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in managing IT projects.
Additional Experience Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- SAP/ERP Knowledge.
- Application Development and/or infrastructure experience.
- Managing implementations that include a vendor solution (and therefore vendor management) would be particularly beneficial.
- Upgrades of vendor solutions are a common project type.
- (As vendors have a new software release and we opt to upgrade their software, there may be infrastructure implications, and there is usually some internal customization and/or interface work involved.)
- Projects go through the full SDLC life cycle using a methodology that most closely resembles waterfall however, other projects follow an Agile or a hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology, and therefore experience in Agile type projects would be beneficial.
The S3 Difference
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is the 6th largest Diversity Staffing Firm in the US and a global provider of Business and IT Services, including Staff Augmentation, Managed Staffing Programs, and Solutions, with 21 consecutive years of growth. We have industry expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Energy/Utility and Retail Distribution. S3 has a domestic and international presence in 31 locations across the US and Europe (including the UK, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic). Our highly trained and experienced staff is committed to not only helping you find a job but making sure that the job is the right fit for you!
At S3 you are eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance