Management Accountant (CH12) Staines, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Depending on your start date, you will benefit from a generous hand-over period of up to two months with the outgoing Financial Controller, to ensure you have sufficient time to learn every aspect of the role.
Preferred hours of work would be 9:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday, however open to flexibility of +/- 1 hour either side, if required.
You will be based at the Head Office, just outside Staines-upon-Thames. You will report to the Managing Director and will oversee our existing team of three staff in the accounts department.
You will need to quickly understand the role of each member of your department, enabling you to manage, review and check their work and provide cover while they are on holiday.
From day one, your duties will include handling or overseeing the following for all entities:
- Daily book-keeping needs and requirements.
- Daily petty cash expenses and banking of cash and cheques.
- Month-end close down including month-end journal adjustments.
- Liaise with the external Management Accountant who will be preparing the monthly Management Accounts packs.
- Review and submission of VAT returns.
- Update and maintain fixed asset registers.
- Update and maintain stock lists.
- Prepare and submit company payroll for approx. 20 staff.
- Liaise with external Management Accountant, Auditors, Bank Managers, Solicitors and Finance Brokers regarding all information requests.
Additional tasks as the role progressed would include:
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts packs with commentary and analysis.
- Reviewing all draft accounts and tax computations provided by external accountants.
- Ownership of the year-end close-down, taking the accounts to final trial balance and preparation of a year-end file of evidence and key information for the Auditors.
- Preparation of personal property accounts for the individual Directors personal tax returns.
- Ownership of quarterly reporting to banks and other lenders.
- Checking compliance with bank loan covenants and stress testing.
- Group consolidation and inter-company reconciliation.
- Gathering external specialist tax advice and interpreting this for the Directors.
You will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a company book-keeper or management accountant in a company with turnover of £10m+ and will be confident working under your own direction to manage your time and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
You will have experience (5 years +) of managing and supporting other staff.
You will be confident using the advanced features of Microsoft Excel and able to write a professional letter quickly and accurately.
You will be highly experienced (5 years +) using Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll software.
You will have experience of modernising internal systems and introducing new software solutions to improve efficiency.
You will be confident speaking in a discreet and professional manner to external Auditors, Bank Managers and Solicitors.
You will have a detailed understanding of the VAT rules necessary for the accurate filing of our VAT returns. Industry specific knowledge, such as VAT partial exemption, VAT margin schemes, and export VAT rules, is highly desirable.
You will be joining a company which has doubled in size during the past 12 months and is currently experiencing record sales and profits, giving the benefit of very strong job security and opportunities for progression.
This is a family-owned company with extremely low staff turnover. The majority of staff have been with the company in excess of 10 years.
You will benefit from 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 4 years of service.