Production Supervisor (HP100) Wirral, England
|GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + Company Shares, 33 Holidays, Private Hcare
£40,000-£50,000+ excellent benefits listed below
- Company shares and options
- 33 Days Holiday
- Electrical vehicle scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection scheme
Due to an increase in demand of this fast-growing chemicals business, they are now recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join their team in the Wirral Area on a days-based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company, aiming to become a market leader within the chemicals industry over the coming year. With a very large scope in progression of this position, and shares available in the company, a growth-mindset individual would be the perfect fit, to provide them with a technical challenge and vast opportunities to develop.
- Ensuring that production processes are in line with company and regulatory requirements.
- Supervising routine production activities, troubleshooting, and solving issues that arise on the production floor.
- Daily assigning of tasks to individuals and/or groups to ensure production schedule is met.
- Providing accurate and timely feedback to Production Manager regarding plant status and problems.
- Actively participating in and leading safety culture where all are involved and HSE is a true priority.
- Working with the Production & Safety Manager to maintain and schedule the training program for the operations team appropriate to the requirements of the safety, environmental, quality and product safety standards.
- Review and maintain process paperwork to ensure information is correct. Examples: Fermenter & Downstream BPR’s
- Completing stock checks
- Writing and updating procedures, risk assessments and other documents key to the running of the facility.
- Making recommendations for continuous improvement and asset utilisation.
- Work closely with maintenance and organise the plant to meet the needs of the maintenance weekly plan. Leading operations with the Maintenance Manager on Planned Maintenance days.
- Writing permits to work, plant draining/purging, planning and implementing process isolations as per SIOPE system.
- Along with the Production Manager, be the principle liaison between Project Team and Operations for plant commissioning, plant changes and new product introductions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Multiple years process plant experience, including operations, equipment, and plant commissioning.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and supervising operational teams.
- Experience with fermentation processes and associated documentation- (BPR’s etc.)
- Evidence of working in stressful environments- implementing high organisational skills and the ability to make prompt, effective decisions based on priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of plant safe systems of work (Permit to work, Safe Isolation Of Plant & Equipment (SIOPE), risk assessments, contractor management)
- Strong experience in fermentation process development
- Experience with analytical techniques for monitoring fermentations process plant
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the context of fermentation and downstream processing
- Experience with different modes of operation; batch, fed batch, continuous.
- Experience in calibrating and maintaining fermentation and analytical equipment, e.g. pumps and pH probes
- Knowledge and experience of implementing process control systems
- Previous experience implementing internal and external QC processes
- UK driving licence
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing,