Civil and Marine Works Engineer (182122ZB) West End, England
Civil and Marine Work Senior Engineer, Permanent, Nuclear New Build, London
Our Client is urgently looking to recruit a Civil and Marine Works Engineer for an immediate start on a permanent basis.
Independently responsible for the following work:
1. Engage and supervise the civil and marine design activities, review and accept civil and marine related design deliverables, and ensure the safety, consistency and integrity of related engineering design.
2. Provide necessary civil and marine engineering technical support and technical control to:
• The Feasibility Studies
• The basic, detail and execution design
• The Consent and permit
• The Business case development
• Construction Plan
• Enabling work
3. Be responsible to establish the IC and DA required technical capabilities in civil and marine areas.
4. Be responsible to take technical review to the safety case in civil and marine areas and attend relevant regulatory review meetings.
5. Be responsible for the establishment and implementation of technical procedures, technical standards in civil and marine areas.
6. Assist the management of scope, quality, technical risk related design contractor in civil and marine areas.
7. Carry out any other engineering works assigned by EMO directors.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
1. Good level of knowledge?experience and skills in feasibility study?engineering concept design and basic design for civil and marine related projects.
2. Lean engineering design activities and philosophy in civil and marine areas
3. Familiar with technical requirement and standards/codes in civil and marine areas
4. Familiar with UK regulatory requirement in civil and marine areas and familiar with ALARP, BAT, RGP principles
5. Excellent communication skills and proficient English.
6. Ability to work independently on own initiative
7. Proactive work attitude, good learning skills, ability to work in a challenging environment.