Commissioning Engineer (163420ZB) Newbury, England
Commissioning Engineer, Contract, Newbury
- Due to the nature of the position valid SC clearance is required
- Undertaking commissioning projects to meet the appropriate national legal requirements and Client’s requirement specification, developed technical specifications and applied standards.
- Performing commissioning activities on site and at sub-contractor facilities.
The Commissioning Engineer shall:
- Report to the Company Commissioning Manager
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable reports of progress and spend on the commissioning works, including that of subcontractors, are produced in a timely manner.
- Undertake commissioning activities in accordance with the approved test procedures, permits and safe systems of work at both site and sub-contractor facilities
- Production, maintenance and submission of all applicable test documentation, plans, procedures, safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Record any problems/fault observations encountered during the commissioning works and, in conjunction with the relevant parties, ensure the impact on the project is minimised.
- Maintain an auditable daily log.
- Prepare and monitor the test areas
- Report commissioning progress accurately
- Ensure that SSOW and RA process is managed.
- To ensure that all commissioning records and handover documentation (lifetime quality records) are produced to the required standards.
- Lead and support the commissioning technicians in the execution of their daily activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in relevant Engineering or Science subject (preferred). Lesser formal qualifications must be augmented with commissioning experience.
- Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution (ie C.Eng or I.Eng) (preferred).
- Graduates to have substantial experience over a range of engineering topics,). Ideally including commissioning experience.
- Non-graduates to have significant commissioning experience, together with written endorsement of competency assessment from Construction Services Group Operations Manager.
- IOSH Managing Safely / appropriate CSCS Card Reports to The Commissioning Manager.
This role is based at our Clients site near Newbury however travel will be required to other UK based sub contractors