Support Officer – Local Jobs Program (XK7P7) Liverpool, Sydney, Australia
- Contract role until June 2022; working 35 hours per week
- Flexible working arrangements to support real life balance
- Work in a rewarding industry that aligns with your values
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
ABOUT the Program
At SSI, we are always looking for opportunities to support new arrivals and all Australians with job opportunities. This is reflected through our array of end-to-end employment programs, our ability to provide an eco-system of support to find jobs for clients, and the opportunities we provide to create employment pathways.
This is particularly important and central to our core value of providing equal opportunities and building economic recovery in what has been an unprecedented time throughout COVID-19. The Local Jobs Program (LJP) is a Federal Government-funded initiative that is a first of its kind, designed in response to the impact COVID-19 has had on the economy.
The program focuses on reskilling, upskilling and employment pathways to assist people to move back into jobs as the economy recovers.
The Support Officer will provide high quality 1:1 support and undertake administrative duties for the Employment Facilitator to ensure successful delivery of the program. This role will also enable the wider community’s engagement with the program, support job seekers, including online job seekers, to connect with local employment and training programs.
Key areas or responsibility include but not limited to:
- Provide admin support to maintain and update Local Job Plans; develop LJP activities alongside the Employment facilitator.
- Complete monthly reporting, this includes monthly tracker, minutes, reports, agenda, and other administrative tasks
- Manage and update the LJP social media pages, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others
- Assist in analysing and reporting on labour market data and information; prepare monthly reports, stats and outcomes and track this information.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, including booking rooms and sending invitations; prepare agenda, record minutes and complete follow-up;
- Manage and coordinate ad hoc reporting and administrative support as required by the department and the Employment Facilitator.
We are looking for someone who is proactive and efficient, has excellent time management skills and exceptional attention to details skills; highly developed communication and interpersonal skills; someone who can respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities; possess strong business administration skills coupled with proficiency in all Microsoft office applications.
The successful candidate must have previous work experience in a similar role. If you are a highly resourceful team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment we want to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.