Learning & Development Officer (MRK8B) Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The People & Culture Team (PaC) partner with the business through several functions, including Work Health & Safety, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organisational Development, Employee Services and Business Partnering. People and Culture and will be based primarily in our Ashfield Head Office. You will be joining a diverse team of highly engaged and driven individuals who strive to make a difference and work collaboratively to deliver outcomes for our people, clients and stakeholders.
About the role
The Learning and Development (L&D) Officer is to provide high level administrative, technology and general support to the Learning and Development function at SSI.
This role provides a great opportunity to apply customer service and administration skills while developing skills in e-learning development, LMS administration and digital learning technologies.
You will be an integral part of the Learning & Development (L&D) Team, where you will have the opportunity to provide operational, administrative and quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide administration support to the L&D team, including: course creation in the Learning Management System (SSI Learning); scheduling and maintaining training calendars, updating user guides, maintaining training records, conducting evaluations on deliverables;
- Troubleshooting and providing support to users with any LMS related queries. Reporting system issues and following up on resolutions;
- Generate training completion reports and documents for internal stakeholders, including managers and team leaders;
- Provide virtual technology support (moderating & producing) for in-house facilitators delivering Zoom/My Teams virtual classroom sessions;
- Contribute to the development of e-learning assets and other digital content;
- Logistics of training activities such as venues, catering and equipment;
- Contribute to the People and Culture strategy and L&D projects;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills & experience:
- High level administration skills;
- MS Office 365 including intermediate Excel;
- Online training platforms and tool
- CRM / Database management
- Customer Service
Do you have previous administration experience? Do you actively seek opportunities to learn and grow your own knowledge and skills? Are you passionate about contributing to the learning of others?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer at SSI
- ADO (fortnightly accrued day off) – currently on hold due to covid;
- Salary packaging options - receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take home pay!
- Role is based in Parramatta (currently working from home with some scheduled office time);
- Flexible working arrangements and work/life balance;
- Working alongside collaborative and outcome focused team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
Please ensure a detailed cover letter and your resume is attached to your application.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700.