Receptionist (6B6DA) Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
- Working across our Ashfield and Parramatta offices
- 12 months contract
- SCHCADS Award Level 2
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT FACILITIES & OPERATIONS
The Facilities & Operations team is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of reception and administration support throughout SSI offices. The entire reception administration team pride themselves on high client and visitor service standards and demonstrate a can-do attitude for all at SSI. Reporting to the Office Manager, this position will be based in our Parramatta and Ashfield Office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Receptionist will use their excellent customer service skills to be the first point of contact for clients, customers and visitors, and provide administrative support to the Office Operations and Administration Team.
- Provide a high level of customer service assistance by liaising with SSI staff, clients and external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Assist with meeting and training room bookings and set up for events and functions
- Provide administration support with back of house duties including preparing and copying documents, ordering stationary, catering, covering ADO’s and annual leave
- Undertake document’s and records management to comply with regulatory requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Administration and Office support
- Well developed MS Office skills (intermediate level required)
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- Well-developed analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of client and SSI records
If you have previously worked with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and you possess an approachable nature coupled with strong administration and written communication skills this will be an advantage.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible work policy, including 9 day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call (contact person) on (contact number)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.