Paint Operative (TW/PAINTSHOP999) Catterick Garrison, England
|Salary:||GBP14.5 - GBP14.5 per hour|
What’s on offer for the Painter / Loader?
- Pay up to £14.50 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Weekly pay
- Temporary to Permanent position
- Overtime available and time 1/2
- Free staff parking
- Shift: 40 hours per week. 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday to Friday
My Client is well established, industry leading Steelwork Fabricating company. Based in North Yorkshire, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2022. They offer a range of services from, design, manufacturing through to installation. This has given the company opportunities to service a multitude of sectors, with a diverse client base stretching across the UK. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Painter / Loader to join their workshop team on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives a Painter / Loader the chance to work with one of the most respected structural Steel fabricating companies in the UK.
Painter / Loader Main Duties:
- Read and interpret work lists, written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand
- Wire brush and scrape as necessary to achieve proper surface texture per job specifications
- Cover surfaces with drop-cloths or tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting
- Apply paint, or other finishes to steel, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers as required by job specifications
- Recognise, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the painting and loading trade
- Analyse painting specifications, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan painting and loading needs
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders
- Prepare all material surfaces to be painted, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Check conditions of trailers to ensure cleanliness, safety and compliance with loading procedures
- Operate overhead cranes, FLT and other equipment to transport materials to and from the paint bay and transportation vehicles, and to store and retrieve materials within shop and yard
Painter / Loader Role Requirements:
- Experience as paint shop operative
- Side Loader FLT Licence
- Overhead crane experience
- Excellent communication
- Excellent eye for detail
- Flexibility with regards to shifts and over-time