Quality Technician (182111TCR) Portsmouth, England
Responsible for the verification of product characteristics and associated manufacturing documentation and other quality records. This responsibility will be discharged under the authority delegated by quality.
- Responsible for performing inspection processes as described by the product work instructions and/or other directions
- Utilizing a range of inspection techniques and methods including – but not limited to – the following;
- Support root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances
- Responsible for execution customer and regulatory delegated inspection processes as authorized by those parties. Responsible for maintaining those delegated authorities once granted
- Responsible for performing first article inspections in line with site operating policies, procedures and work instructions
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are followed
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
Experience / Skills:
- Experience in inspection methods and techniques and following relevant work instructions
- Working knowledge of LEAN processes and practices
- Any familiarity or previous experience with Aerospace/Aviation environment would be highly beneficial.