Accounts Assistant (VC10151) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP17000 - GBP20000 per annum|
A well-known and successful manufacturing business based in Scarborough are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a 10 months fixed term basis. Initially, the role is a maternity cover, but opportunities may be available following the contract.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a long-standing family run business.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the role of Accounts Assistant will primarily be to manage the sales ledger and credit control function.
Key responsibilities for the successful Accounts Assistant will also include:
- Complete delivery sheets with monies to be collected & contact customers where appropriate
- Assist with general credit control and management of customer credit accounts within agreed boundaries
- Process sales invoices and credit notes
- Monitor the sales invoice process and assist with internal controls to ensure all invoices are raised correctly in a timely manner, to identify omissions and to run necessary control reports
- Enter purchase invoices on to Sage
- Match purchase invoices to delivery notes
- Assist with month-end statement reconciliation
- Accounting duties & management reporting
- Assist with VAT compliance
The successful Accounts Assistant will ideally be studying their AAT qualification or have relevant experience, specifically in credit control. You will be a confident user of Sage or a similar accounting package. Previous experience in sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank reconciliations or bookkeeping would also be advantageous.
This role is based in Scarborough and is easily commutable from locations such as; Malton, Filey, and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in applying to this Accounts Assistant position, please click apply now.