Python Developer (98402) London, England
Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services, and they are in search of a Java Developer/ Software Engineer to join their leading Global Transaction Reporting team.
This role is based in London, and will be a 12-month contract (PAYE).
As Python Developer, you will be joining a talented RAPD team (Risk Analytics Platform Delivery team) which is part of a much larger entity globally. Our clients have a highly reputable presence in London, Mumbai, Bangalore, and New York; collaborating regularly with developers of both core reporting applications and other applications outside of our team's ownership.
- Designing and developing cutting-edge software libraries and APIs for quantitative modelers
- Contributing to model implementation and code optimization
- Gaining exposure to and experience with APIs into Front Office library components written in different languages and using different technologies
- Building a Library and a Platform for Risk Analysts
- Writing code for Developers
- Changing development culture to make better programmers
- Soft engineering, translating code to make in Audible and maintainable
- Collaborating with Risk Technology teams to specify and implement APIs for Risk Applications implemented in Java
- Sc. or B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar quantitative area
- Solid development experience with Python
- Good experience with at least one more general-purpose programming language (C++, Java, C#)
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with the design and implementation of complex technology stacks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Python
- Excellent Communication skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Good understanding and experience of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment