Communication and Content Specialist (SIBNEW) Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
The Communications and Content Specialist will work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager (Communications) to develop engaging content for social media and other platforms and monitor performance to contribute to the growth of student enrolments at the Sydney Institute of Business and Technology and Western Sydney University, Sydney City Campus (both part of the Navitas Group).
The key focus of this role will be to drive content creation and execution, including but not limited to blogs, video scripts, infographics, social media platforms, testimonials, and publications. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Marketing and Recruitment and the Navitas Communications teams to strengthen the institution’s brands, tailoring value propositions for individual markets.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager (Communications) in the following:
- Develop, manage, and deliver engaging stories to target audience through on-brand written, video, photographic and digital content, across multiple external print and digital channels, including eDMs, newsletters, articles and magazines.
- Manage key social media channels - analyse results and presenting insights fortnightly.
- Manage social media calendar in collaboration with the wider marketing calendar by incorporating key marketing strategies and recruitment campaigns.
- Manage end-to-end influencer campaigns.
- Build a strong, loyal, and engaged social community through on-brand communications and surprising and delighting potential students.
- Assist with content development for publications.
- Support student engagement to serve recruitment and retention activity.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders and management to develop and implement effective communications.
Attend both internal and external student facing events for the purpose of content develop and to provide support.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory framework in which marketing, sales and admissions operates.
- Collaborate with Navitas group marketing and other Navitas University Program Marketing colleagues.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations, or a related field
- Strong copy writing and editing skills, including strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail, and an understanding of design and publishing processes.
- Experience of developing and managing social media networks.
- Experience and proven performance across various digital marketing channels, including managing and developing content for websites, blog sites and social platforms.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including document design, image manipulation and page layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and constructively within a team.
- Willingness to be flexible with work.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects and effectively manage competing priorities.
- An understaning of the higher education marketing and recruitment with a broad knowledge of the Australian university system and degree pathway programs.
- Experience in a multicultural environment.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Join a highly engaged and supportive team
- Brand ownership with a young fresh pathway provider
- Discounted education opportunities as a part of the larger Navitas network
- Chance to learn from experienced members of staff within Marketing and an Academic environment
- Networking and mentoring opportunities
- Central Sydney location
- Fun, vibrant, and multicultural team culture
- Role ownership and development
Navitas is a leading global education provider that has helped generations of learners transform their lives through education. We create life-changing opportunities to learn by delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 aspirational students across our global network each year.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. Please submit a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. You are not required to submit separate responses to each question. If you have examples of your written work (e.g. blogs or social media pages), please include them.
For enquiries about the role, please contact Radhika Prasanna on 0404 640 487.
Applications close on Wednesday, 22/09/2021 at 11:59 pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage.