Machine Setter (FHD5) Huddersfield, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP30000 per annum|
Major Recruitment are looking for an experienced Machine Setter based in Huddersfield on a full time permanent basis. You must have knowledge/experience of Plastic Manufacturing and be able to set up the injection moulding machines.
Production Optimisation and Quality
• Collect details of next required job (normally by means of a Machine Loading from the Production Planner or other designated person.
• Prior to initiating the tool change ensure that all equipment necessary for the stipulated job is available. Use the Setting Checklist to verify this and report any unavailability and anomalies to the Quality Manager.
• After collection of the necessary equipment, or verification to proceed where applicable, collect the tool specified for installation. Prior to the collection verify that the tool is correct to the Tool Identification Sheet and that this contains no anomalies. If the latter proves to be the case then report this to the Production Planner / Production Director for further instruction.
• When all the relevant equipment is available, shut the relevant machine down in a safe and correct manner (if this has not already been done), then remove tooling and any ancillary equipment specific to that job.
• In the event of a tooling fault being identified, enter the details onto the Mould Repair Sheet and attach the same to the removed tool along with any samples of the fault(s), where applicable. Transport the mould tool safely into the tools return square.
• In the event of a job change, Initiate removal of finished stock, replacement of material (where applicable) and remove all paperwork from the previous job.
• Prepare the machine ensuring that the material supplied is correct and, where applicable, sufficiently re-dried, then using skill and experience and referring to the relevant Setting Sheet. Where available, optimise the machine running conditions to produce parts that meet the required specification parameters. Record any necessary changes to the standard Setting Sheet or produce a Setting Sheet where none is available. If parts cannot be produced to specification, put the machine on stand-by whilst awaiting a decision and inform your line manager or in his absence the Production Director.
• Where the tool has been installed following a repair or modification, produce sufficient parts for QC approval (normally 50 shots) and then put the machine onto standby whilst awaiting decision.
• When acceptable parts are being produced, complete the Setters Process Pass-Off sheet, Critical Process Sheet and sign the Control Plan copies, place all relevant paperwork at the machine, then hand over to production, after ensuring that the machine and surrounding are left in a safe and tidy condition.
• When requested, attend any machine that has previously been passed off but which has since run out of control.
Where such cannot be brought into control then inform your line Manager or Operations Director for
• Attend training courses linked to the Company and continuous development.
Working hours: Monday to Friday - 39 hours
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE