DBA/Developer (NoSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, SQL Server) (PR-12573752) Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Database Administrator to join my clients technology team and is an integral part of new projects and initiatives.
The Role As a Database Developer/Administrator your deliverables will include the development of database solutions and processes, support issues, defect fixing, data migration and database upgrades, which enhance my clients application requirements and BI solutions.
These will be specifically applied across both NoSQL databases (initially MongoDB) and SQL databases (primarily the Microsoft SQL Server family 2008/2012).
You will be required to:
• Produce conceptual and technical solution designs to meet business requirements
• Develop SQL/NoSQL database solutions.
• Provide support for escalated client issues, analysing client issues, determining the cause and providing workarounds or resolutions where possible.
In order to be successful for this role it is essential that you have strong technical skills and analytical skills including:
• Strong experience in software development and administration.
• Tertiary qualifications in an Information Technology or extensive related experience.
• Experience in developing highly scalable database solutions.
• In depth knowledge of and proven track record in SQL Server 2008/2012.
• Have a solid understanding of end to end developmental life cycle issues.
• Experience working in structured administration and development environments.
• Experience working in a technical support capacity. It will also be an advantage if you hold any skills in:
• Experience with ETL and OLAP and data warehouse implementations
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• An understanding of the issues relating to the management of large, complex database projects.
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Experience with cloud based technologies You will be a strong team player with a flexible approach to your work and the ability to work well under pressure and an ability to work to deadlines.
If you feel that you match the above description please feel to get in touch with Sara Ennaim on 02 92851010 - Alternatively please hit the Apply button below!