Underground Planning Engineer (8064) Perth, Australia
|Salary:||AUD150000 - AUD0 per annum + super & bonus|
Mine Planning Engineer
You will be joining a well-known mid-tier mining organisation that currently own and operate in Western Australia. As an organisation they can be described as dynamic and fast paced – this leads to fantastic opportunities for you to further develop your career.
You are probably ready for the next step to continue your development after spending your time in Production and this opportunity will allow you to become a competent planning engineer that can allow you to progress further.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer your duties will include:
- Complete detailed development designs, ensuring that plans are designed and issued in accordance to the mine schedule
- Assist with feasibility and due-diligence evaluations on prospective mining areas
- Compile the Weekly Production Plan and 3 month rolling schedules
- Continually review, challenge and update the long-term plan and schedule to ensure accuracy and optimise economic performance
- Prepare and document safe and economic stope designs for assessment in mine plans/schedules
- Monitor mine services, including the planning of pumping stations, substations and related service infrastructure
- Ensure effective communication to the Production Engineers of safe and economic stope designs
- Regularly report to UG Manager and internal stakeholders on project progress against targets, including data for EOM Reporting
- Liaise with all stakeholders to develop and deliver on the optimal mine plan
Is this for you?
We are looking to speak to eager and driven Mining Engineers that are keen to take the next step in their careers. The right person will have a proven track record in delivering results and meeting expectations.
To be considered you must have/demonstrate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering with experienced a solid track record in Underground Mining
- A strong background in mining operations with a solid track record.
- Proficient use of MsOffice suite and relevant mining software, including Deswik Suite and VentSim
- Strong analytical skills, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders
Let’s talk further.
Your resume will be kept completely private & confidential until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you click apply now to send a copy of your CV.
On the other hand, if you are unsure if this role is the right fit for you get in touch with Nadia on 0457 146 114 to have a confidential discussion around your career.
Team Lead – Mining