Senior Drilling Engineer (PR-33183039) Gabon
Our client, an international Oil & Gas company are currently looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer for their onshore projects in West Africa.
This is a contractual position, but would be residential. The initial contract term is one year but likely to extend further.
The main duties of this role are:
- Designs and implements drilling plans and techniques
- Consults with and assists drilling foremen in drilling and completion of oil and gas wells
- Reviews drilling and completion expenditures
- Analyses drilling problems and directs action to be taken
- Selects equipment and services to be utilised
- Confers with exploration and land departments on drilling plans and operations
- Other duties as assigned
Some of the key requirements are below, alongside some skills that would add to your application:
- At least 10 year's experience as a Drilling Engineer
- Able to relocate to West Africa by August
- Solid onshore experience across multiple rig types
- Experience in West/Central Africa is a plus
- Due to the current team structure, the ability to speak French is an added bonus.