Vice President of Government Affairs 190-210K (TEX VPGA) Los Angeles Metro Area, California
Vice President of Government Affairs
The Vice President of Government Affairs will report to the Executive Vice President (EVP). In this highly visible position, the successful candidate will leverage a background in politics, political consulting, public administration, and business to take a critical role in developing, nurturing, and maintaining outstanding relationships with all relevant community stakeholders including: City staff, elected officials, and other influential members of the community. The Vice President will apply that knowledge, experience and relationships to help the EVP and division facilities improve the business of the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide stewardship for compliance with our contracts.
• Actively engage in community organizations including Chamber of Commerce, service clubs and other charitable organizations to promote the Company.
• Attend City, business and community events as a Company representative.
• Responsible for gathering, interpreting, and informing management on potential business risks and opportunities in designated markets.
• Collaborate with business unit executive and facility managers to improve profitability of civic contracts and accounts.
• Interface with all company functions to successfully execute community events.
• Provide knowledge and interpretation to Government Affairs Team regarding City political dynamics.
• Meet with customers as directed to ensure both end-user and city needs are met.
• Interface with yard management and personnel regarding issues associated with customer accounts.
• Analyze lost unfavorable business events and pursue corrective actions as directed.
• Maintain awareness of legislation, competition and trends affecting industry. Report new information to Government Affairs Team as it becomes available.
• Participate in regular department meetings.
• Provide weekly and or monthly reports on all activities as directed.
• Participate in annual department planning and budgeting.
• Attend Industry and Public Agency Association meetings as directed.
• Collaborate with other business managers and executives on Company goals and objectives.
• Timely completion of all other assignments as directed by the Executive Vice President of Government Affairs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
• At least five years in Politics as an elected official, or staff member.
• At least five years in business in a “front End” roll such as Sales, Marketing, or Public Relations.
• Experience with negotiating contracts.
• Proven problem solving, analytical, oral/written communication and customer service skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint).
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• A Master’s Degree in a related field.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.