Junior Packaging Technologist (BBBH533532) Nyon, Suisse
For our Partner GSK, we are looking for a temporary position a :
Junior Packaging Technologist
The purpose of the Junior Packaging Technologist is to lead and support technical packaging activities for the site. He/She acts as a gatekeeper to ensure the packaging artwork is fit for purpose in terms of machinability, considering the constraints of the different lines. He/She contributes to packaging component maintenance projects in line with industry standards (GMP).
Artwork Activities and Documentation (50%)
- Review and approve artworks to guarantee their accordance with the production constraints
- Provide OTC markets with technical support / advice for any request / need related to packaging print design execution
- Develop and maintain artwork technical drawing used by design studio to develop artworks considering packing line constraints
- Ensure turnover according to agreed standard level agreement for the team and tracking of activity according to set key performance indicators
Technical Packaging activities (50%)
- Identify and propose resolution on packaging material and component issues in production (Troubleshooting & investigation)
- Support packaging continuous improvements initiatives (in Production and with the packaging suppliers) in the view of reaching operational excellence.
- Organize, support and carry out line trials to validate packaging changes such as material or format change
- Lead and contribute to implementation of packaging component and material initiatives such as cost saving opportunities, new packaging materials or formats.
- Update and provide packaging specifications and technical information in the packaging database
- License / HND / DUT or equivalent in the field of packaging technology or printing technology with 1-2 years’ experience in FMCG/Pharma production or packaging printing environment.
- Master of Science in the field of packaging technology or printing technology at entry level.
- Theoretical knowledges of packaging material transformation (incl. printing) and usage on packaging line (tubes, glass bottles, metered dose pumps, plastic containers, secondary and tertiary packaging)
- Understanding of interactions related to packaging activities, change processes, constraints, industrialization
- Project / task management for packaging within the product lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills (desire to learn, good communication skills, team player, autonomous…)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Power BI is a plus
- French full professional proficiency
- English professional working proficiency