Buyer Level II or III (M3M - Buyer) Minneapolis, Minnesota
A highly respected company in the Life Science industry is looking to bring on a Buyer (Level II or III). They are looking for a team player with experience in a regulated industry. You will need great communication and an eagerness to learn along with a sense of urgency. The company is growing rapidly and this role will be key to their success.
This position offers an excellent compensation and benefits package; apply now!
Buyer Level II or III Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility within the organization for procurement needs and supplier communication related to these needs. Other departments involved as required.
- Coordinate, facilitate and cooperatively work with other departments (Engineering, Quality Assurance, Materials Control, Scheduling, Sales & Marketing and Operations) to identify and resolve all issues relevant to the supplier and/or purchased product or equipment.
- Work with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing on early product development and introduction to increase supply chain responsiveness, meet deadlines, decrease costs, meet quality requirements and reduce supply risk.
- Continually strive to increase understanding of advancements of new technologies in materials and supplier capabilities (processes) associated with the raw materials being sourced.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for raw materials and assertively pursue implementation once approved.
- Qualify suppliers based on company requirements and/or procedures working cooperatively with other departments (ex: Quality & Regulatory Assurance) as required or requested.
- Analysis of material usage on previous commercial production orders to:
- Prevent over/under buying of raw materials for current production orders
- Provide feedback to quoting/estimating team on the accuracy of the internal quotes that are used to drive purchasing quantities (continuous improvement)
- Align purchases to improve material consumption and lower waste due to material expiry
- Continually identifies and implements ideas that result in a lower cost and/or higher quality product and/or greater customer satisfaction. Suggests alternative material or supplier where appropriate
- Participates in departmental continuous improvement projects including benchmarking, quality measures, cost reduction, training and others as requested.
- Negotiates to achieve lowest total acquisition costs in all areas of the supplier relationship (lead-time, material cost, scheduling flexibility, warranty, inventory programs, future prices, delivery, spare parts, free items, terms, conditions, quality, etc.)
- Recommends and/or performs initial and ongoing audits of potential and current suppliers based current company requirements and/or policies.
- Develops, negotiates, and manages supplier contracts.
- Performs computer and/or manual computation to determine and allocate dimensionally correct materials and provide unit of measure conversion for production.
- Ensure that purchase orders are created and updated with all the correct delivery information, terms, conditions, specifications, and instructions. Create and maintain vendor files and material databases (electronic and paper).
- Learns and accurately performs purchasing transactions as required by the company’s systems including IQS, Visual, Great Plains and others as requested.
Buyer Level II or III Requirements:
- LEVEL II - 3+ years of progressive procurement responsibility in a manufacturing environment – college degree preferred
- LEVEL III – 10+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment including training, contracts and leading successful negotiations – college degree
- P.M., ISO and GMP experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic, problem-solving skills, and leadership abilities
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Computer experience and intermediate skill level for Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project (Beginning level for Buyer I)
- Medical converting and rolled goods experience are preferred.
- Experience in global sourcing preferred.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
Buyer Level II or III Compensation:
- $60-80k+ DOE
- Excellent benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, vacation, and 401k
You can email me directly at: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.