Financial Advisor (m21mfa63) Naperville, Illinois
Full Job Description
The Financial Planner is responsible for providing financial planning services, develop and execute retirement planning. The Planner will work with Private Wealth Strategists and Private Wealth Portfolio Managers to implement investment management and tax planning strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Planning- Provide financial planning services recommendations, develop and execute retirement planning services. Prepare and present financial plans, Coordinate estate planning strategies with the Private Wealth Strategist.
- Knowledge- A comprehensive knowledge of topics related to financial planning and strategies
- Relationship Management – Monitor and tracking the financial plan and how it performs and maintain a financial planning relationship with the client.
- Sales –manages a calling schedule, identify and cultivate new clients, obtains meetings with clients/prospects, and manage a planning pipeline. Work with Private Wealth Strategist and Private Wealth Portfolio Managers to implement investment management, tax planning strategies as well as estate planning strategies.
- Referrals – identifies prospects, set introductory meetings, assist the subject matter experts through the sales process, assist in closing the business.
- Financial Analysis – Evaluation and analysis of the client’s current financial position
- Presentations – creates presentations, give presentations, both internally and externally to clients and prospects.
- Standards- The Planner should adhere to the standards of ethics and practices outlined in the CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Ensures all planning documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Self Starter; result oriented; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and/or legal documents..
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to write procedures.
- Ability to respond in writing to customer complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA Degree (four year) from an accredited university/college.
- MBA Degree preferred
- CFP approved educational platform
- Four to Six years as a minimum of financial planning experience as a Planner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.