Injection Molding Production Manager (lcw.InjMoldSup) Twinsburg, Ohio
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Injection Molding Production Manager performs the following:
- Manages and directly supervises all employees on their shift in the Injection Molding Department including but are not limited to: training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, checking for and reporting absences, documenting and/or reporting any important information, addressing complaints and resolving problems, reporting and communicating contract worker hours at the beginning of each week to their respective agency, etc.
- Process injection molds, trouble shoot and adjust molding parameters to maintain quality and efficiency.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintains a safe work environment within the molding department and supporting areas.
- Maintains positive employee relations and adheres to company policies and safety standards.
- Implements/performs maintenance when necessary.
- Assists employees in solving work related problems.
- Maintains records regarding employee time, production, etc.
- Leads team in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training and maintenance.
- Communicates with customer service, engineering and maintenance departments to ensure due dates and quality requirements are met.
- Cross trains select employees to do various jobs so they can act as backups when needed.
- Performs all activities of subordinates when needed.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement activities to improve department performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Years of Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or 3+ years of experience in Production/Plant/facilities Management.
- Ideal person will have 5+ years starting, processing, purging, and changing molds for injection molding presses. Experience in an automated environment a plus.
- Ideal person will have 3+ years in a supervisory role, with proven track record of employee coaching and development.
- Knowledge and experience working with quality system requirements such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- An understanding of material planning systems for inventory control.