Controls Engineer (lcw.ce) Cleveland, Ohio
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our client is a growth-oriented organization that fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. Employees are encouraged to share ideas and strive for their fullest potential.
As a Controls Engineer you will work with a talented group of people using the latest technologies to provide innovative solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and configuration of new automation systems, upgrading older machinery to new control platforms and upgrading existing manufacturing lines in varied industries.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and prefers freedom over micromanagement. This individual takes personal responsibility for success and prefers to be part of an energetic team.
- Conduct customer requirement reviews addressing overall specifications, component selection, machine control layouts and programming PLC and HMI to meet customer specifications
- Implement a complete software solution including PLC, HMI and other 3rd party devices programming from controls specifications and drawings
- Perform software installation, I/O testing and debugging of PLC and HMI software
- Participate in product and system design reviews, machine testing, installation and start-up
- Design and develop electrical control systems that will interface with process manufacturing equipment and devices
- BS EE Degree or proven, equivalent electrical/electronic control experience
- 5 + years of experience with industrial electrical/machine control system design
- Experience in Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI programming and products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Possess both electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Process Control equipment experience
- Ability to work with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to resolve problems on the plant floor
- Knowledge of VFDs and coordinated drive systems (AB PowerFlex, Siemens SINAMICS, etc.)
- Knowledge of motion control systems, including servo applications
- Advanced knowledge of PLC programming: Rockwell Automation RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, Studio 5000, Connected Components Workbench. (Siemens S7, PCS7 or others is a plus)
- Knowledge of network and communication protocols
- Knowledge of HMI systems. Rockwell Automation Factory Talk View Studio SE/ME. (Siemens WinCC, Wonderware InTouch or others is a plus)
- Willingness to travel 20% overnight
- Experience in designing systems to latest safety standards
- Experience in vision systems is a plus
- Experience in robot programming is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.