SHEQ Advisor (220328) Bristol City Centre, Bristol, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum + Benefits|
SHEQ / Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor Bristol to £40,000 p.a. + benefits
SHEQ Advisor needed for Bristol based high voltage engineering company
As SHEQ / Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor you will provide support to the SHEQ Manager and company partners in promoting a positive Health and Safety culture, working towards continual SHEQ improvements. Giving guidance and support on statutory requirements, compliance, and company standards, supporting and developing quality, environmental and health and safety procedures, your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and reviewing management Systems ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- SHEQ Audits and Inspections and identify potential health, safety and environmental hazards / risks
- Investigate incidents, near-misses, and non-compliance, providing root cause analysis and assisting in the close out
- Develop a suite of lessons learnt communications and dilute this through the Company
- Deliver internal SHEQ training across the Company
- Support the commercial business through the SHEQ element of tenders and PQQ’s
- Maintain approved supplier and contractor list
- Attend and provide input to project kick off and bi-monthly SHEQ Committee meetings
Our client is a leading high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation. With the opportunity to ‘power the transition to a carbon free future’, on offer is a pension scheme, private health insurance, generous holidays, profit sharing scheme. The company is employee-owned and has a keen interest in the wellbeing and success of all employees. You will be encouraged and empowered to be imaginative, share your great ideas and be involved in the future success of the business.
As SHEQ / Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor you will report to the SHEQ Manager and there will be significant interaction with the directors and partners of the Company. The ability to develop relationships at all levels and multi-task and work to tight deadlines is essential. You will hold NEBOSH General Certificate (or Construction Certificate) or Level 3 NVQ equivalent along with experience of SHEQ management systems and supporting in the development of SHEQ procedures. You will also need:
- Knowledge of and participation in auditing of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Experience of undertaking internal auditing of procedures and SHEQ management systems
- Experience of developing and writing risk assessments, environmental aspects assessments, COSHH assessments
This role requires regular travel throughout the UK with overnight stays and you will need a full UK driving licence. (Car allowance or company vehicle provided).
You may have previous experience of working within construction, utilities, manufacturing or electrical sectors, IEMA Foundation (Environmental), membership of IOSH or equivalent institution and NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management., but this is not essential.
If you wish to be considered for the role of SHEQ Advisor, please forward your CV quoting reference 220328
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: SHEQ advisor Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality adviser Health & Safety electrical utilities H&S ISO 45001 ISO 14001 ISO 9001 COSHH risk NEBOSH Bristol