Purchasing Manager (JSKpurchmanFL4.16) Starke, Florida
Seeking an experienced individual to handle all aspect of the purchasing function for this approximate $15MM annual revenue Commercial Landscaping and Maintenance organization. Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be highly organized, be proficient in the Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel and possess a proven track record of successfully negotiating transactions with vendors.
Major job responsibilities:
- Manage and control all aspects of the Company’s purchasing function. Products typically purchased include trees, shrubs, sod, plant material such as large quantities of mulch and flowers, all facets of irrigation materials, pumps, timing systems, hardscape items such as pavers, stones and outdoor fixtures and heavy equipment such as trucks, loaders, mowers and other maintenance equipment.
- Maintain repair and service standards with regards to our fleet of vehicles; Ensure all work is done competitively and with completeness.
- Work closely with the Estimating team to obtain accurate and timely product requirements.
- Maintain a bidding analytical process that allows quick and accurate analysis of the best offers for the Company.
- Control the Company purchase order process and ensure that valid purchase orders are in place before product or service orders are made.
- Maintain an ongoing record of bid projects and resulting savings for the Company.
- Stay ahead of purchasing needs by staying in constant contact with the Production Division Managers (Landscape, Irrigation, Maintenance and Hardscape) to ensure upcoming needs are known in advance.
- Work with major repair vendors to ensure timely and competitive work is completed to get production equipment back on-line.
- Ensure that Landscape production material (trees, shrubs, plant material, etc.) is delivered to the job site when needed.
- Ensure that current inventories of Landscape construction tree and plant materials are used if the material meets the specifications of the project.
Salary and bonus compensation are negotiable, but the target base salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience. Bonus compensation is dependent on the Company and the individual meeting goals. Excellent benefits are also available including competitive vacation time, paid holidays, health and dental, and a 401k plan.
- Position will be part of the Management team and will participate in weekly Management Operations meetings
- Key interfaces include Division Managers for Landscape Construction, Maintenance and Hardscape as well as Estimating, Finance and Company President
- Primary responsibilities will be conducted in an office environment with significant computer time
- Willingness to work in a highly interactive and challenging environment
- Analytical capabilities using technology tools is a must. Any experience with the Sage Contractor Accounting System is a big plus.
If you feel qualified please reach out to Jeff Kolhoff at 605-679-4734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.