National WHS Advisor (210003PW) Melbourne, Australia
If you are passionate about safety and career development, this is the perfect opportunity to become a valued member of the Adecco Workplace Health and Safety Team. As a Workplace Health and Safety Advisor, you will be given the opportunity to develop and expand your current skills whilst ensuring that Adecco is compliant with legislation and maintain internal and external audit compliance.
Details about the Client
Where should we start? We are the world’s leading recruitment expert with more than 32,000 passionate full-time employees in over 5,200 branches across 60 countries. We are committed to connecting organisations with the talent needed to make them succeed.
Part of The Adecco Group offering the best brands in end-to-end HR services, not only do you have access to a full-service offer across the group by developing innovative workforce solutions that are focused on the future, you are part of a leading brand that is proud to have over 50 years of experience in Australia.
It is our mission to ensure that we are instrumental in making the future work for everyone.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in line with WHS training requirements in the implementation of WHS management systems to continually drive safety culture improvement
- Review and manage all incident reporting and investigations and provide corrective actions
- Review and track all corrective actions to ensure close out or escalation
- Conduct and/or provide subject matter expert advice in relation to WHS investigations as required
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and support of WHS initiatives
- Provide support to internal staff to achieve their WHS based KPIs and accountabilities through learning and development, mentoring and escalation of issues as required
- Participate in national WHS team activities such as team meetings and information sharing to ensure strong WHS team exists
- Participate in a “set the standard” culture based on credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie
- Develop and implement targeted preventative strategies to reduce injuries and associated costs of claims
- Provide advice and recommendations to the business on risk associated with potential new clients and possible financial consequences
- Conduct WHS client workplace assessments in conjunction with Adecco’s customers and consultants
- Conduct safety activities at customer sites to support awareness and work towards risk and injury prevention through toolbox meetings, conducting observations and attending safety meetings.
- Participate in sales and tender processes/meetings prior to customer engagement to assess WHS risk and provide expert knowledge on Adecco’s WHS commitment and service offering to assist in sales process
- Develop and maintain expert to expert relationships with Adecco customers to drive prevention of injuries and increase sales
- Diploma in WHS or Bachelor Degree in Risk, Safety or similar would be ideal
- Previous experience in the labour hire or blue collar industry is preferred
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting responsibilities
- Proactive with well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Build rapport and effective working relationships on both a customer and associate level
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and present information with insights
In addition to an attractive salary package and a host of excellent employee benefits, you will be supported to develop a long-term career. Nominated as a great place to work we empower our people to carve their career paths their way. After all, it's only natural that a people-focused organisation should be focused on its people too.
We will offer all the training, tools, motivation and inspiration you need to achieve exactly what you want from your career. Be that flexibility, international mobility or an enhanced work/life balance.
If you can make an impact, we'll provide the career development opportunities you need to achieve your potential and thrive.