Mortgage Loan Underwriter (JKB-MortUnder) Los Angeles Metro Area, California
A growing Community Bank in the area is looking to add an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to their team. They are seeking someone who is highly motivated, analytical, a team-player, and someone who wants to grow in their career in mortgage underwriting. This company is different from most banks. Not only do they treat their customers like friends, but they treat their employees like family. The kind of family that receives competitive compensation and benefits—but a family nonetheless.
And we think you’ll love our friendly, outgoing, and laid-back work environment, where communication is open and creative ideas are welcome.
Qualities of the successful candidate include:
- Require High School graduate or GED with 4-5 years of mortgage experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2+ years in the mortgage industry. Must have DE Underwriter designation
- Must understand the fundamentals of lending and loan processing for mortgage loans
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations and remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations
- Must be trustworthy and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Professional appearance and attitude is essential
- A broad understanding of residential mortgage loans, and familiarity with mortgage loan products.
- Solid mortgage underwriting experience utilizing AUS and manual underwriting.
- A clear understanding of the current RESPA laws and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FMLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA guidelines and standards.
- Experience with income calculations including personal and corporate tax forms.
- Experience in Appraisal Review.
To be considered, please apply with a resume. If you have any other questions or wish to discuss any other Banking/Public Accounting positions, reach out to Jake Barkema with Gpac.
You can email me directly at, email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.