Software Asset Manager (J3181) London, England
|Salary:||GBP250 - GBP280 per day|
Software Asset Manager - £280pd (Inside IR35) – 6 Months – Hybrid/London
Parity Group are delighted to partner with our client, a prestigious Public Sector organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Software Asset Manager for a 6 month contract. This role follows a Hybrid working model requiring you to work from site in London, 1/2 times per week.
The post holder will ensure that software assets supporting the business applications are managed and controlled, defined, agree and implement processes and ongoing management controls, governance and methodologies to ensure software licence compliance is maintained within client services and police the compliance with legal and contractual obligations and supporting software policies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Managing activities together with IT architects, business, finance, procurement, legal units, in supporting the DT&I Commercial team in the procurement and negotiation of vendor contracts including supporting the analysis of proposals in the acquisition of software licenses.
- Maintaining current knowledge of software or hardware changes and planning changes appropriate in response to business
- Defining equipment configuration standards and evaluation criteria
- Establish, develop and maintain tracking systems for software acquisition and related services.
- Work with the DT&I Commercial team to support the formation and/or negotiation of service level agreements, licensing agreements, and assign compliance levels
- Manage the approval processes for new and non-standard software requests to control and consolidate/rationalise the software estate.
- Manage the process of maintaining high-level forward looking software deployment schedules.
- Develop a framework to ensure that software assets are managed appropriately across the client services.
- Act as a key point of contact for software compliance
- Assist the core digital team with their supplier management activities
- Undertake analytical discovery exercises for currently deployed software and report on findings as well as deliver updated strategic plans for future deployments
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Degree or equivalent, or significant vocational experience showing development in a series of progressively more demanding relevant work/roles.
- Qualified in PRINCE2 & ITIL
- Extensive experience with software recognition, reconciliation and volume licensing including some Audit and Discovery
- Familiar with FAST and ITIL standards and procedures. Likely tools to have been used may include; Service-now, Peregrine Asset Center or Asset Manager, SMS, SCCM, Snow, Alteris or in-house developed SAM tools.
- Extensive experience of liaising with the suppliers Software Asset Management (SAM)teams to review/agree the software compliancy position and agree/assure corrective/follow-up actions or Service Improvement activities.
- Proven experience working in a multi-supplier environment on Software asset management
- Experience managing complex Enterprise Licensing Agreements (eg Microsoft Select, EA etc)
- In depth knowledge of SAM tools, their supporting policies and procedures In depth knowledge and understanding of key vendor licensing schemes and related compliance obligations
- Ability to understand software contracts and installed software data to produce and interpret licensing statements.
- Good SAM industry knowledge particularly around standards such as ISO 19770 and ITIL
If this sounds like the kind of role you or someone you know would be interested in then please feel free to apply or email me directly with your CV for immediate consideration.