Quality Assurance Technician (PICKQA3) Telford, England
|Salary:||GBP12.94 - GBP12.94 per hour + Offering great benefits, see below|
Quality Assurance Technician
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Technician? Are you looking for a role within Food Manufacturing that offers support & progression? Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail?
Due to increasing growth, our client based in Hortonwood, Telford have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join their Quality team.
The role will be based within the Abattoir, Boning Hall and Despatch Departments, working to the quality sample plan.
Please note: This job role is directly working in production and is production floor based.
The working hours of a Quality Assurance Technician are rotating;
Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm and Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Total of 42.5hrs per week
Responsibilities for a Quality Assurance Technician include:
- Ensure quality checks are carried out to agreed procedures and schedules this also includes trailers and finished product checks
- Ensure all products are labelled to specification
- Compile non-conformance logs and take appropriate action
- Check product and steriliser temperatures
- Collect microbiological samples and label as appropriate
- Monitor general product quality and advise department supervisors/managers of any issues
- Ensure procedural checks are carried out to agreed procedures and schedules, product quality checks, temperature checks, metal detection verification, environmental swabbing, equipment calibration, products weight checks, tare checks, labels checks,
- Check all information required on sheets is filled in and filed as appropriate
- Operate to best Company policy
- To monitor staff personal hygiene practices
- To ensure that product meets individual customer requirements
- Check for contamination
- Daily G&P checks
- Internal audit checks
- Attend meetings as and when required
Skills for a Quality Assurance Technician include:
- Understanding of HACCP
- To adhere to current legislation with regards to safe food production
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning
- Be able to work exceptionally well in a team environment
Our client offers great benefits that help make this a great place to work, these include :
- Holiday Pay – 20 days + 8 bank holidays
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Exclusive Deal on Meat Sales
- Full PPE Supplied
- Free Access to the Employee Assistance Programme offering expert advice.
- Wellbeing Plan
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Training and Qualifications provided
If you are interested in the role for Quality Assurance Technician please click apply now and one of our recruitment specialists will be in touch.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.