IT Technical Support Engineer
Temporary role for 3 months
Mon to Fri ‚Äď 37hrs, based at home with adhoc travel to Milton Keynes campus
Paying between ¬£20.06-¬£21.91ph which equates to ¬£38,592,-¬£42,155pa dependent on experience
Our client is a public distance Learning and Research University, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.¬†
They are¬†looking to recruit an experienced¬†Senior Technical Support Engineer to join them in the STEM ‚ÄėUser Support Services‚Äô team. The role is focused on advanced technical user support for the faculty.¬† The role will support faculty staff with user computing services which are outside of the scope of support provided by the university central IT department.¬†
About the role
- Provide Windows and Linux computing support.
- Provide support to bespoke systems connected to scientific instrumentation within STEM's laboratories.
- Install, support and troubleshoot specialist scientific software on STEM‚Äôs computing infrastructure.
- To handle requests from the STEM Technical Services request management platform, in a way that ensures a good customer experience and a high-quality service.
- To help ensure all deliverables for which the User Support Services team are responsible are delivered on time and to specification
Skills and experience required:
- Degree level education in an IT subject or equivalent experience (5 years or more)
- Experience in ¬†Windows and Linux operating systems support
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware issues
- Experience with end-user support
- Experience with writing documentation
- Ability to anticipate and analyse technical problems and propose workable solutions
The client promotes diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.¬†
If you feel this is the role for you, please send your CV, email or call 01908 246715.¬†