Senior Fullstack Software Engineer (KTS-REMFSE) Rochester, Minnesota
Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
A live-streaming advertising company is seeking enthusiastic Software Engineers to help us build the future of our dynamic ad service. As a member of a small but growing team, you will leverage your experience in frontend and backend feature development to make a significant impact on our product suite and codebase.
In this full-stack engineering role, you will work on low-latency, highly-reliable services that power our server-side ad insertion infrastructure. You will be responsible for monitoring, debugging, and improving complex infrastructures that interact with third parties. In addition, you will develop internal and client-facing user interfaces for our ad service console application. You will work directly with our Product and Ad Operations teams to gather feature requirements, respond to issues and drive progress against product initiatives.
This is a REMOTE position that does require occasional travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and improve our ad tech infrastructure, which includes a mixture of client and server-side solutions
- Write well-tested, high-throughput software for use in low-latency workloads
- Collaborate with our Ad Operations, Ad Sales, Product and Video Experience teams, as well as other members of the organization to refine functional requirements, determine priorities, and deliver business-critical projects
- Build analytics tools to query and visualize large datasets with blazing fast response times. Modify existing data pipelines or deploy new ones to support feature requirements.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including, but not limited to: understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with existing partners and vendors, performance analysis and reporting
- Assist in the definition and implementation of superior user experiences around advertising
- Identify and execute on opportunities to develop software to increase efficiency, visibility, and performance of our ad technology
- Troubleshoot issues with appropriate urgency, QA and monitor feature deployments as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high-traffic environment
- Experience writing scalable backend applications and frontend user interfaces
- Experience working with databases, both SQL and NoSQL, as well as large reporting datasets
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-hosted code and designing cloud-based architecture (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Buildkite, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with caches to improve application performance and response time
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
- Strong communication skills
Highly Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiarity with MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Pinot databases
- Experience with Python and PySpark, AWS Glue,and ETL more generally
- Experience using AWS ElastiCache, Memcached and Redis
- Experience working with large datasets and developing user-facing analytics tools
- Experience working with digital video advertising, including client and server side ad insertion, and an understanding of the complex and inherent limitations of the ad technology ecosystem and device landscape (web, mobile, OTT, etc.)
- Experience with live streaming and on-demand video players
- Experience with client and server side ad insertion
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
If you'd like to learn more about opportunities with gpac, please contact Kate Soller via email@example.com or 605-799-2228