Chemist (KLG Chem CL) Bloomfield, New Jersey
Our client is looking to hire a dedicated employee to help customers in tackling complex challenges! If you are motivated and optimistic please apply! Company offers great compensation with fantastic benefits package.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Proficient at performing applications/R&D testing
- Ability to make detailed observations of lab tests and to accurately record the data and observations in a laboratory notebook and in spreadsheets
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent development and application projects and workflow in the laboratory and communicate results, observations, and work progress to supervisor
- Desire to work with production to scale up new products, ensure product consistency, and to develop an intimate understanding of the products and production processes
- Work with supervisor, commercial leaders and sales to understand market needs and develop new products as required
- Work with low to moderately hazardous chemicals using safety procedures and practices · Interacting with customers (technical presentations, visiting customer sites and trade shows)
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry and 5+ years relevant experience working as a laboratory bench chemist in a chemical related applications area.
- Strong data observation and interpretation skills.
- Computer skills and Math aptitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give presentations at customer sites, trade shows, and local trade society meetings
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to compare data, detect inconsistencies, and determine actions for resolution
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to effectively and positively interact with supervisor, peers, and across functions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple work deadlines
- Lab environment
- FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
- Travel Potential: 10-15%
For more information please apply or you can contact me at Karin.Goodwin@gogpac.com/605-655-2313!