Chemist (KLG Chem CL) Bloomfield, New Jersey
Our client is looking to hire a dedicated employee to help customers in tackling complex challenges! If you are motivated and optimistic please apply! Company offers great compensation with fantastic benefits package.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Proficient at performing applications/R&D testing
- Ability to make detailed observations of lab tests and to accurately record the data and observations in a laboratory notebook and in spreadsheets
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent development and application projects and workflow in the laboratory and communicate results, observations, and work progress to supervisor
- Desire to work with production to scale up new products, ensure product consistency, and to develop an intimate understanding of the products and production processes
- Work with supervisor, commercial leaders and sales to understand market needs and develop new products as required
- Work with low to moderately hazardous chemicals using safety procedures and practices · Interacting with customers (technical presentations, visiting customer sites and trade shows)
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry and 5+ years relevant experience working as a laboratory bench chemist in a chemical related applications area.
- Strong data observation and interpretation skills.
- Computer skills and Math aptitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give presentations at customer sites, trade shows, and local trade society meetings
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to compare data, detect inconsistencies, and determine actions for resolution
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to effectively and positively interact with supervisor, peers, and across functions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple work deadlines
- Lab environment
- FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
- Travel Potential: 10-15%
For more information please apply or you can contact me at Karin.Goodwin@gogpac.com/605-655-2313!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.