Legal Biller / Billing coordinator (KWJT169403) London, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP37000 per annum|
We are recruiting for a permanent opportunity as a Legal Biller for a well-known City based London law firm.
This role is a stand alone role and sits within the firms finance support team and your main responsibilities as Legal Biller would include:
- Processing over 1000 bills per month
- Producing credit notes within the billing process
- Running prebills/draft bills
- Finalising bills (up to 1000 bills per month)
- Processing time transfers, splits, write off requests
- Liaising with fee earners and secretaries to solve account queries
- You would need good VAT billing knowledge (standard, Out of Scope and EU rules)
- Obtaining write off approvals/sticking to firm policies when billing
- SRA knowledge and evidence of adherence
- Reversing bills and issuing credit notes
- Working either as a sole biller and managing/ assisting 10-15 partners
- Amending charge out rates, checking fee arrangements, discounts, split payers and exception rates
- Closing files on the accounting system
- Knowledge of CTO’s and a brief understanding of client account
- Potential cover in other areas of the finance team when needed
In order to be considered for this role, you would need to be confident with numbers, have good attention, as well as similar Legal billing experienced gained within a London law firm.
If you have previously used Aderant system or Elite 3E system this would be highly desirable.