IT Support Engineer - Hybrid - Maternity cover 18 months (Kc-ITSuppEngBr) Birmingham, England
IT Support Engineer - Hybrid working
Maternity Cover - 18 months FTC
You will be providing IT support, systems maintenance, and solution deployments to customers of IT Services department. It is a customer facing and technical hands-on role.
The client is particularly interested in candidates who have gone through the process of migrating users onto Microsoft 365 from ‘on premise’ IT systems.
You will need to be a very good communicator as the migration project the business is about to undertake will require lots of interaction with end users.
The post holder must have verifiable experience and skills supporting IT systems including Windows servers and clients, Active Directory, networking hardware, Microsoft 365 and a variety of enterprise hardware and software.
This role will also provide cover and limited supervision for the Helpdesk Administrator and requires a sociable person who is accurate, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
The role reports directly to the IT Infrastructure and Services Manager and operates across the business ensuring the integrity, efficiency, availability and security of the company's information and IT systems.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience and be comfortable operating in:
• Microsoft 365 environment
• Evaluation, testing and review of legacy and new IT systems, policies, and processes
• Assisting and supporting internal customers with IT support queries
• Deployment and support of company's IT projects, hardware and services
• Maintaining records of IT assets, orders, and purchases
• Updating and completion of detailed documentation of systems and processes
• Secure operations across all areas of responsibility
You must be capable of prioritising / managing their workload and must be comfortable and accurate with written and verbal communication with all levels of staff and external support organisations.
The role is based at the company head offices in Birmingham, but will require regular travel to other sites, sometimes at short notice.
Driving license is essential.